TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard Terms & Conditions
1) Introduction. This contract is formed between yourself (referred to in the Terms & Conditions as "the customer") & KALM Creative once the Booking Fee (min deposit of 50%) has been received. The Product or Service shall mean any product or service that is provided by KALM Creative to the Customer. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2) Supply. KALM Creative agrees to supply the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer as detailed in the order and according to the terms and conditions of this contract.
3) Rights Reserved. Should KALM Creative choose not to enforce any or all of these conditions. It should not be interpreted as a waiver of any of the Company’s rights. By providing KALM Creative with an Order, the Customer accepts these terms and conditions.
4) Payment. KALM Creative shall issue an invoice to the Customer in respect of products or services supplied, or to be supplied, the payment terms for which will be stipulated on the invoice. KALM Creative will take a 50% deposit at the time of booking and will require full payment prior to works starting (usually 7 days before).
5) Health & Safety. KALM Creative & the Customer will act in accordance with all relevant health and safety requirements in order to provide the product(s) or service(s).
6) Creative Brief. Unless otherwise agreed, the Customer accepts KALM Creative to make decisions on creativity within the product(s) or service(s). This includes but is not limited to what’s provided within the invoice. In certain circumstances some services may be unable to be performed due to time or weather restraints.
7) Booking Fee/Cancellation. Monies paid by the Customer to reserve the product(s) or service(s) of KALM Creative will be accepted as a Booking Fee/Deposit. If the Customer cancels the order less than 6 Months prior to KALM Creative supplying the product(s) or service(s), the Customer will be liable to pay the whole invoice value less any Booking Fee/Deposit already paid. If the Customer cancels their order more than 6 Months prior to the Company supplying the product(s) or service(s), they shall forfeit the Booking Fee. Booking Fees/Deposits are non refundable regardless of notice period unless KALM Creative are unable to complete the work originally agreed.
8) Liability. KALM Creative accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may arise from the supply of the product(s) or service(s). In the unlikely event of KALM Creative being unable to supply the product(s) or service(s) as specified in the Order, liability shall be limited to the total invoice value – or monies already paid by the Customer.
9) Copyright. Unless otherwise stated in the Order, KALM Creative retains copyright in all their Original Material. Original Material includes video recordings, graphics, soundtracks, printed material and any other design or artwork commissioned by the Customer in relation to the Order. Delivery of any video content on the web is restricted to KALM Creative only. Video conversion, web streaming and other delivery of KALM Creative content by third parties is not permitted. The Customer must ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any copyright material they supply to KALM Creative to enable them to deliver the product(s) or service(s). The Customer must also ensure that permission is sought for the inclusion of any performers or performances, trademarks, locations and music. KALM Creative retains the right to use this material in its original and edited form as they see fit, unless otherwise agreed in the Order. Music supplied by the customer to KALM Creative for use in their production must be original and legitimately owned, KALM Creative accepts no responsibility for any breach in copyright for customer supplied music. The Customer agrees to indemnify KALM Creative in the event of any breach of copyright claims being brought against them in respect of material supplied by the Customer.
10) Data Protection. The Customer must ensure that all necessary arrangements have been made with, and permissions obtained from, people and places that may be recorded on video as a result of KALM Creative supplying the product(s) or service(s) – and that such recording is in compliance with Data Protection. KALM Creative reserves the right to use extracts from the finished production for publicity purposes on our website, third party websites associated with video show reels, any social media and sample DVDs. The client will notify those attending the event that they may be recorded on video cameras and that by attendance they give their consent to being recorded.
11) Care and Damage to client property. Whilst every care is taken in the handling of the Customer’s property, KALM Creative accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, however caused, or any other loss by unforeseen circumstances whilst they are in the custody of them. Liability for such loss or damage will be limited to the replacement cost of the materials or media (the wedding film) and in no circumstances will any liability attach to any claim for the value of the content.
12) Right of Assignment. KALM Creative retains the right to assign the supply of the product(s) or service(s) to the Customer to another suitable company should they be unable to complete these terms and conditions, be already booked or unable to make due to unforeseen circumstances. A suitable and recommended company and/or individual will always be provided.
13) Confidentiality. Unless otherwise agreed KALM Creative will treat any information gained during the supply of the product(s) or service(s) as being private and confidential. Likewise, the Customer shall keep confidential any methodologies and technology used by KALM Creative to supply of the product(s) or service(s).
14) Customer Material. KALM Creative retains the right to destroy all customer video material upon handover of the final product(s) or service(s). All customer material will be deleted or destroyed 7 days after handover of product(s) or service(s). KALM Creative accepts no liability for loss or damage of product(s) or service(s) once handed over to the customer. KALM Creative accepts no liability for loss or damage of customer personal property given to aid productions e.g. music CDs. After this 7 day period no further edits or changes to the product may be requested.
15) Force Majeure. KALM Creative will not be liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather conditions (including Snow & Flooding), road closure, road traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, acts of terrorism, industrial action, or other unavoidable circumstances deemed beyond our control. KALM Creative will not be liable for any refund, in part or whole, where we are late accessing the venue and setting up because of earlier events, over-running, or where we are prevented from accessing and setting up by the venue management. Neither will KALM Creative be obligated to provide an extension to the agreed timescale or project length. KALM Creative will not be liable for any refund where a venue and/or weather is obstructing the use of a drone.
16) Refreshment. The hirer agrees to arrange suitable changing facilities for staff as required. The client agrees to supply food and drink to the videographer for projects that last longer than six hours.